Re: Problem with org-babel and geiser

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Problem with org-babel and geiser
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:47:22 +0200

Neil Jerram <neiljerram@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Neil!

> What do you see if you add ":results output" to the "#+begin_src"
> line, and then C-c C-c again?

#+BEGIN_SRC scheme :results output verbatim
(+ 1 1)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Geiser Interpreter produced no output

> Did the patch help in your case?

I had to update the file name inside of the patch:

- old: lisp/org/ob-scheme.el
- new: lisp/ob-scheme.el

After that, the patch applied cleanly on top of 'main'.

So, I restarted Emacs and tried:

#+BEGIN_SRC scheme
(+ 1 1)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 2

Further, I also tried to execute '(display "ABC")' while capturing
standard output using ':results output verbatim'.  It worked.

Lastly, I tried to use a persistent ':session' to avoid waiting for the
Geiser/Guile when executing code blocks.  It worked as well.

TL;DR The patch works.

P.S.

We should add 'testing/lisp/test-ob-scheme.el' or it will break again
sooner or later.  Can we make the Org test suite depend on Geiser and
Guile?  Given that Org uses Geiser out of the box, I think we should.
What do you think?

Rudy
--
"The whole science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday
thinking."

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava