Re: Faulty SVG width in default HTML export style

From: Yuchen Guo
Subject: Re: Faulty SVG width in default HTML export style
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2022 06:38:37 +0200

> 1. MathJax is not the default export option. See org-html-with-latex

Maybe I'm getting confused here, but as of the latest commit
(cbe3f2d697a973a41a412b826ab9435d5523f3d0):

- in ox-html.el, `org-html-with-latex' is defined as
  `org-export-with-latex', with the comment that:

  `mathjax', t:  Do MathJax preprocessing and arrange for MathJax.js to
                 be loaded.

- in ox.el, `org-export-with-latex' is defined as `t'.

Therefore, MathJax is the default export option for math snippets in
HTML exports.

> 2. We use MathJax script from
> https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.0/MathJax.js It is
> licenced under Apache 2.0, which is GPL-compatible according to
> https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

Yes.  But it is still problematic because:

- The license is not declared in the script and therefore not compatible
  with LibreJS.

- It is not trivial to `control your computing', as in `modifying the
  script and run your modified copy instead.'

  Maybe LibreJS can provide us the facility to do so.

--
Yuchen Guo