Re: Remove old WORG page with Org Syntax (draft) in favour of new syntax

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Remove old WORG page with Org Syntax (draft) in favour of new syntax page by Timothy
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 15:26:30 +0800

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

>> I am in favour of removing the old version completely and putting the
>> new document at the old address
>> <https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html>
>>
>> The old version will remain accessible via git logs if absolutely
>> necessary.
>
> That sounds good to me.

Note that I don't have write access to WORG. I guess you or Nicolas can
commit the change.

P.S. Christian also mentioned his confusion that both org-syntax and Org
manual contain syntax descriptions and it is unclear which document to
use. We may add a paragraph to org-syntax document mentioning that it
is very technical and aims for developers + reference Org manual for
ordinary users.

Best,
Ihor