Re: What's the flow for adding info: links in Org documents?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: What's the flow for adding info: links in Org documents?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 18:36:13 +0700

On 13/04/2022 01:26, Kaushal Modi wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 10:57 AM Max Nikulin wrote:

There are a some problems with info links outside of Emacs:
- Export to PDF

Yeah, I recently realized that I will need to add custom support for
exporting info: links using ox-hugo. I made a small blog post out of
this learning: https://scripter.co/linking-and-exporting-org-info-links/.

I would prefer
    info "(org) Top"
    Org Info: Top
since the former may be pasted to M-x : or to shell command prompt. And the link target ideally should be https://orgmode.org/manual/index.html
Unfortunately there is no way to customize mapping of documents.

- Links to single page manuals as the result of export to HTML. E.g.
Emacs manual is really huge

I did not understand this. The HTML exports convert an Info node to a
hyperlink of the same manual page online.

For <info:emacs#Browse-URL> export to html produces the following link:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html#Browse_002dURL
I think, a better variant is
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Browse_002dURL.html
even though for the Org manual I often prefer single-page HTML version.

Maybe several months ago there was a thread or at least message concerning some problems with info links export (PDF?), but I can not find it. The word "info" is too general and "ol-info" is present in almost every bug reports. Too much noise.