Re: [BUG] (Doom) Consistently seeing "org-element--cache" problems [9.6

From: David Conner
Subject: Re: [BUG] (Doom) Consistently seeing "org-element--cache" problems [9.6 (9.6-??-0c9b30e @ /home/dc/.emacs.doom/.local/straight/build-28.0.90/org/)]
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 22:36:19 -0400

Thanks for your help Ihor. Can you close this issue?

I'm running a newer version of guix emacs-pgtk-native-comp and i'm not longer seeing these org-mode cache messages.

I recently built a new guix system and i've started updating the emacs build more regularly. in $PATH, my default user guix profile preceded the manifest that was updating emacs-pgtk-native-comp. I assumed I had been updating emacs/etc, but the binary I was running was in the default profile.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 7:20 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
David Conner <aionfork@gmail.com> writes:

> K, my emacs is >28 and locked to the
> https://GitHub.com/flatwhatson/guide-channel for the pure-gtk emacs build.

> I am working on some other things at the moment. I should be able to create
> a guix environment to test these issues and get around the need to have
> pGTK. It may be in a terminal eMacs though. Is that okay?

Terminal Emacs should not affect things. Different Emacs versions should
not as well. At least, as long as you update Org mode to latest version
from main.

> Also, to test, do I simply run the script that was attached on a vanilla
> emacs session? Should this ensure equivalence in the org session?

I am not sure which script you are referring to. In the previous email I
saw an example Org file and no attachments.

First and consequent loads of Org might make a difference if what you
are seeing is related to persistent cache. I hope it is not. In any
case, please provide more details about the warnings/problems you are
seeing.

Best,
Ihor