Re: Cascading Org-Capture templates

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Cascading Org-Capture templates
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 16:48:33 +0800

Christophe Schockaert <R3vLibre@citadels.eu> writes:

> So, "gM" is related to the second case (2), and I end up with the
> following error : "Capture abort: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *doom*".
> As you see, I am using Doom Emacs, but I think it’s related with what I
> am trying to do anyway.
> To me, this goes to the internals of Emacs, and how things work
> together, and this is beyond my understanding of the whole picture for
> now :)
> Maybe, there is also another way to achieve that goal, which I don’t
> think about.

An important thing you need to know about org-capture is that it is
using a global capture state. If you call capture inside capture,
unexpected things are going to happen because the recursive call will
modify current capture data.

I would try to save the value `org-capture-plist' in
lisp/cascading-capture and restore it after calling recursive capture.

Best,
Ihor