Re: org-cite styles don't allow * in them

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: org-cite styles don't allow * in them
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:14:05 -0400

I am also not a fan of using Unicode here and prefer a simple ascii asterisk. That works fine for me so far, but I am not a heavy user of bold markup and citations.

As I mentioned there is the same problem for links, and in the last 10 years I can’t recall an issue being reported with bold.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2022 at 4:41 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

>> A less awkward solution (IMO) would be to use an entity like ⋆.  It is
>> straightforward to add that to the org-element-citation-prefix-re. Then I
>> see something like this.
>
> So Ihor, is there any problem with John's proposed change here?

I am not a big fan of using unicode characters, but otherwise I have no
objections and no better ideas (except a general desire to solve similar
parser issues more generally).

However, I am not org-cite's maintainer. So, I would prefer to hear from
Nicolas before implementing anything myself.

Best,
Ihor
--
John