Re: gnus links not followed, also avl-tree error (org-capture issues)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: gnus links not followed, also avl-tree error (org-capture issues)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:03:06 +0800

"Tory S. Anderson" <webdev@toryanderson.com> writes:

>> Thanks for reporting! Are you able to reproduce with emacs -Q?
>
> Thanks! I am not sure what an emacs -Q would mean in cases like this, since
> they are custom written capture templates in the first place, so -Q would
> lose them.

Please refer to https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html
Basically, you can create the minimal possible config containing your
problematic custom capture template and whatever it takes to trigger the
problem and share it + steps to reproduce.

Otherwise, it is very difficult to debug the problem on our side.

> Important update: By including all of org-contrib the two problems go away,
> although other problems are introduced. But trying to search the contrib for
> which things in particular are solving these errors has not been successful.

You may try to bisect your config. I have recorded a video explaining
how to do it:
https://open.tube/videos/watch/4d819114-43bf-42df-af94-f94fc53dd0d9

Best,
Ihor