Re: [BUG] Off-by-one error in width of Agenda window? [9.5.2 (release_9.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Off-by-one error in width of Agenda window? [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-25-gaf6f12 @ /data/installs/snapshots/emacs-28.1/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:16:26 +0800

"N. Jackson" <nljlistbox2@gmail.com> writes:

> No, it doesn't happen just with emacs -Q.
>
> I have bisected my init file and narrowed it down to this setting in
> my custom-set-variables:
>
>   '(fringe-mode '(nil . 0) nil (fringe))
>

> Here is a recipe to reproduce the problem from emacs -Q:

Thanks! I was able to reproduce the problem.

I believe that it is not Org's fault. Org is trusting (window-width)
return value to calculate the width of the separator line. However, with
you settings, (window-width) apparently returns a wrong value. You can
see it yourself by running (insert (make-string (window-width) ?=)) in
scratch buffer with and without your fringe settings.

Probably, you should report this as Emacs bug.

Best,
Ihor