Re: how to exclude several single dates from a diary block

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: how to exclude several single dates from a diary block
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:23:04 +0100

On Friday, 22 Apr 2022 at 16:15, Rainer Thiel wrote:
> I use Org-Mode to schedule most everything, including my lectures
> which typically are recurring events.

Instead of using diary s-expressions, what I do is create one entry for
the first lecture, say, and then use org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift
to create the copies, typically shifted by 1 week.  Then I go through
the created entries and delete those weeks that need to be omitted.

Maybe not as elegant but works very well and it's what I've been doing
for years now for my own lectures.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.3-397-g81289b in Emacs 29.0.50