Re: overlap between cite syntax and link activation

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: overlap between cite syntax and link activation
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:10:08 +0200

Hello,

"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@gmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas (or Ihor?) - can you take a look at this too?
>
> It's the second of the two stoppers that John identified.
>
> He seems to have reported a related issue last August, but it slipped
> through the cracks.
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-08/msg00303.html

One short-term solution would be to use the same function to fontify
links and cites. I.e., "org.el" could define
`org-activate-cites-and-links', which in turn, would dispatch work to
either `org-activate-links' or `org-cite-activate'.

A long-term solution would be to apply fontification on top of parsed
data exclusively. IIRC, I think Ihor started to work on something like
this, but I don't know about the current state of that project.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou