Automatically use Heading Content as EXPORT_FILE_NAME?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Automatically use Heading Content as EXPORT_FILE_NAME?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:54:28 -0400

Hello Everyone,

IsĀ  there a way to automatically use the text content of the current Heading as the EXPORT_FILE_NAME? AFAICT there isn't.

I tend to do most of my Org writing in a few 'mono files' (like todo.org or wiki.org). I then set my export options to default to subtree and visible contents etc.

The resulting file is always named after the whole mono file though. Given my usage pattern it would be awesome if it instead could default to the current heading text.

Is that something others would be interested in? I'm currently going to hack around it I think by simply making a function that updates the EXPORT_FILE_NAME property with the current heading text.

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.