Name the different types of links in an org file

From: c . buhtz
Subject: Name the different types of links in an org file
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:40:34 +0000

Hello,

I just want to find the correct terms of the different types of links an org file can have. This is not only about orgmode but orgroam (version 1 and 2) also.

Currently I know and "understand" this types of links.

1. Hyperlinks
Example: [[https://foo.bar][Link description]]
This links can also point to files on the local filesystem etc

2. Org-roam ID-Links (version 2)
Example: [[ID:123456789][Link description]]

3. Old Org-roam (version 1) links
I have never seen them in real world but I assume this are usual to-local-file-links as described in point 1.

4. Roam Links
I also have seen links like this
[[roam:Foobar][Foobar]] or [[roam:Foobar]]
I know them as "placeholders" or dead-links when want to insert a link to an orgroam node that does not exist yet. In my workflow deadlinks like this are like reminders for me that I should create a node.
But I am not sure what type of link this is in other situations.

Am I right here? Did I miss something?

Please feel free to correct the names of the link types and correct my explanation.

Kind
Christian