Re: [BUG] buffer displays incorrectly after capture

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] buffer displays incorrectly after capture
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 07:37:06 +0800

Skip Collins <skip.collins@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 4:48 AM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fixed in 2d6f26c05 on main. And no, it was not that easy to fix.
>> Captured headlines may or may not need to be unfolded.
>
> Thanks. I confirm that behavior is correct for folded level 1
> headlines. But the problem still exists at level 2 and deeper:
> 9. Observe that the new level 2 headline still does not appear, but a
> misplaced folding ellipsis does appear at the end:
> * foo...
> ** bar
> more text

This is not a bug. You will routinely see constructs like this when you
jump to a deeply nested headline in real Org files. Only level 1
headlines are always kept visible by convention (and some people even
argue that this convention should be dropped e.g. in sparse trees).

To deal with such situations, see org-reveal (possibly with prefix
arguments).

Best,
Ihor