Re: [BUG] Info JS does not work [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-467-g2bd34e @ /Use

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Info JS does not work [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-467-g2bd34e @ /Users/salutis/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2022 18:08:11 +0800

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> I followed the instructions at ...
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/JavaScript-support.html
>
> ... adding the following line to my Org file:
>
> #+INFOJS_OPT: view:info toc:nil
>
> The HTML now contains ...
>
> <script src="https://orgmode.org/org-info.js";>
> // @license
> magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1f739d935676111cfff4b4693e3816e664797050&amp;dn=gpl-3.0.txt
>  GPL-v3-or-Later
> // @license-end
> </script>
>
> ... but https://orgmode.org/org-info.js gives 404.

Confirmed.

The script is now hosted at
https://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/org-info.js

Apparently nobody touched this for a very long time. The last change in
this area was 9 years ago.

Bastien,

I do not fully understand why it is hosted in worg. We mention it in the
manual and support in the core. The script is licensed under GPL.
Is there any reason to keep it out of the main Org repo?

> P.S. If someone decides to fix this, please consider adding a test.  Without
> it, sooner or later, someone will waste their time again.

It is a good idea, though I am not sure if it is appropriate to add
network staff into Org tests directly.

Best,
Ihor