Re: Organice with local WebDAV server on PinePhone

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Organice with local WebDAV server on PinePhone
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 20:24:13 -0400

Neil Jerram <neiljerram@gmail.com> writes:

> I've been thinking about how to get nice Org access on my PinePhone. My
> current favoured option is Organice, with a local WebDAV server on the
> phone. My Org is mastered in a hosted git repo, and I already have a script
> for syncing between that and a local clone on various devices. I think I
> just need to enhance that script to pull from WebDAV to the local git
> working tree, before committing and syncing local updates, and to push to
> WebDAV after pulling in remote updates.
>
> Any thoughts, on whether that would work well, if it could be simplified or
> improved, or alternative solutions?
>
> Best wishes,
>       Neil

I keep thinking that the keyboard is going to be the key[0] to achieving
Emacs / Org Mode editing nirvana on my PinePhone.  But I will have let
you know if that's true or not, after it arrives.  :)

I already sync my Org Mode files (amongst other things) across all my
devices using Syncthing.  I use git for plenty of other things, but not
for Org files.  I edit them far too often, so I don't want to add any
friction to that process.

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] No pun intended.