Re: org-fold documentation

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-fold documentation
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 12:15:54 +0800

Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> writes:

> After upgrading to 9.5.3, I am getting warnings such as this, which I
> suspect are due to org-fold.et.
>
> Warning (comp): org-fold.el:834:27: Warning: Unused lexical variable
> `org-hide-macro-markers' Disable showing Disable logging
> Warning (comp): org.el:76:30: Warning: Package cl is deprecated Disable
> showing Disable logging
> Warning (comp): ox.el:79:1: Warning: the function ‘org-back-to-heading’
> might not be defined at runtime. Disable showing Disable logging
> Warning (comp): ox.el:79:1: Warning: the function
> ‘org-next-visible-heading’ might not be defined at runtime. Disable showing
> Disable logging
> Warning (comp): ox.el:79:1: Warning: the function ‘org-at-heading-p’ might
> not be defined at runtime. Disable showing Disable logging
>
> Is org-fold.el documented already? Any pointers to what might be causing
> the above?

These are native-comp warnings. They are not uncommon when
native-compiling Org (not only org-fold.el) and generally harmless.
If you are sufficiently annoyed with them, most of these warnings can be
"fixed" by declaring the missing functions. The functions are available
at runtime, but not during native-compilation.

Best,
Ihor