Re: Concatenate properties

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Concatenate properties
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 13:33:08 +0800

Tyler Grinn <tylergrinn@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the advice. I've added the caret symbol (:EXPORT_FILE_NAME^:
> assignment-1) to mean 'concatenate' as opposed to + for 'joining'. If
> this is something the community would want I will clean it up and send
> in a patch.

Hmm. I am not sure if it going to be a straightforward patch. You may
need to update org-element parser accordingly.

Also, I do not like the idea of extending org syntax with :PROPERTY^:.
It may be easier to introduce a variable similar to
org-use-property-inheritance where the user can customise how to
accumulate parent properties.

Best,
Ihor