Re: [tip] Insert arbitrary LaTeX code at the beginning of any float envi

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [tip] Insert arbitrary LaTeX code at the beginning of any float environment
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 20:47:12 +0800

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

> If we want to introduce arbitrary LaTeX code at the very beginning of a
> float environment, apart from the usual tricks of putting the code in
> :caption or :placement, this solution I describe here is more from the
> LaTeX side. I thik its advantages are more control and consistency from
> the point of view of LaTeX, and the possibility of introducing code of a
> certain complexity.

I'd be happy to see a built-in solution for this.
I feel that the ability to insert arbitrary LaTeX code near the
begin/end of environment would be generally a useful feature to have in
ox-latex. It could be done via #+attr_latex: :pre/:post

Moreover, it would be useful to be able to wrap the whole chunk into
custom environment:
#+attr_latex: :wrap [options]environmant

WDYT?

Best,
Ihor