Re: how to best correct exams (code matlab) using org mode (and tables)

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: how to best correct exams (code matlab) using org mode (and tables)
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 08:39:46 -0400

I guess the best thing to do would be some combination of
`htmlize-buffer' and adding tooltips to the markups.

I don't see a super clear path to that at the moment. The htmlize-buffer
is straightforward, and it would show where your remarks are. Getting
from marginalia.org to tooltips in the right place though is not as
straightforward.

htmlize-buffer is only necessary if you want to see the syntax in the
buffer. Here is some rough code that wraps the file in <pre></pre> and
makes the text you added remarks on have tooltips associated with your
remarks. You could then return the feedback.html file.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let* ((hls (sort (org-remark-highlights-get) (lambda (a b) (> (caadr a) (caadr
b)))))
       (notes (cl-loop for (key (start . end) type) in hls
                       collect
                       (progn
                         (with-current-buffer
(org-remark-notes-buffer-get-or-create)
                           (goto-char
                            (org-find-property org-remark-prop-id key))
                           (save-restriction
                             (org-narrow-to-subtree)
                             (org-end-of-meta-data t)
                             (buffer-substring (point) (point-max))))))))

  (with-temp-file "feedback.html"
    (insert-file-contents "some-file")

    (cl-loop for (key (start . end) type) in hls for note in notes
             do

             (cl--set-buffer-substring start end
                   (format "<a href=\"#\" title=\"%s\"><font
color=\"red\">%s</font></a>"
                           note
                           (buffer-substring start end))))
    (goto-char (point-min))