Re: [tip] Insert arbitrary LaTeX code at the beginning of any float envi

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [tip] Insert arbitrary LaTeX code at the beginning of any float environment
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 14:01:01 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> I'd be happy to see a built-in solution for this.
> I feel that the ability to insert arbitrary LaTeX code near the
> begin/end of environment would be generally a useful feature to have in
> ox-latex. It could be done via #+attr_latex: :pre/:post
>
> Moreover, it would be useful to be able to wrap the whole chunk into
> custom environment:
> #+attr_latex: :wrap [options]environmant
>
> WDYT?

I think they are both great ideas, especially the second one. Although
---as Eric says--- we can always use special blocks, a :wrap attribute
would drastically lighten the readability of the document, and could be
very useful in those complex constructions where we need to enclose a
table or a figure in another environment (for example, with the
threeparttable package and others like it).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel