[how to joint column/rows of tables that are in different files (id?)] (

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [how to joint column/rows of tables that are in different files (id?)] (was: how to best correct exams (code matlab) using org mode (and tables))
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 09:14:51 +0200

I think I almost have a working workflow.

What I need is a functionality to join either columns or rows of tables
that are in different files.

Here is what I have in mind for tables that are in the same file

** Columns

#+NAME: T1
| col1 | col2 |
|    1 | 2    |
#+NAME: T2
| col3 |
| 3    |
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var t1=T1 t2=T2
(cl-mapcar #'append t1 t2)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| col1 | col2 | col3 |
|    1 |    2 |    3 |

** Rows
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var t1=T1 t2=T2
(append t1 t2)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| col1 | col2 |
|    1 |    2 |
| col3 |      |
|    3 |      |

Now the 3rd package orgtbl-aggregate allows me to aggerate column of
tables that are in different files, via an ID generated via  org-id-get-create
and saved via org-id-update-id-locations
as in

#+BEGIN: aggregate :table "uwe"  :cols "Level"
#+END:

Where the table uwe is located in a different file. However it seems
only to work for one table at the time, so if you have 20 tables in 20
files that a bit complicated

Any idea how to append column or rows from different table in different
files in one go?

Thanks

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.