Citations using org-ref export to LaTeX incorrectly

From: Daniel Fleming
Subject: Citations using org-ref export to LaTeX incorrectly
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 19:35:42 -0500

Hello,

I initially posted this to the Emacs StackExchange, but it was suggested
I might get more traction on the mailing list.

I am writing my dissertation in org-mode with org-ref to handle
citations. I can not get a multi-source multi-note citation to export
correctly.

Following the documentation for org-ref provided here:
https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/master/org-ref.org#2021-version-2-vs-version-3
I am using the new `&' syntax with semi-colon separated sources. However
the pre and post notes do not come through to LaTeX as you can see in
the second code block below.

Here is the org-mode code:

```
[[cite:On Van Tillian apologetics see &frame15_apolog; and
&frame95_cornel_van_til; One example in systematic theology is
&frame13:-system-theol; Finally on christian worship see
&frame97_contem_worsh_music; and &frame96_worsh_spirit_truth]]
```

Which exports to:

```
\cite[On Van Tillian apologetics
see][]{frame15_apolog,frame95_cornel_van_til,frame13:-system-theol,frame97_contem_worsh_music,frame96_worsh_spirit_truth}}
```

Notice that only the first note is exported and then it is just the sources.

I do have the fallback of using multiple [[cite:source][text::text]]
blocks, but I'd rather use the new syntax if it works.

Thank you much!

--
Daniel Fleming