Re: Regarding arbitrary Org blocks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Regarding arbitrary Org blocks
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 18:19:35 +0800

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> I used to insert arbitrary blocks like:
>
> #+BEGIN_IMPORTANT
> yadda yadda
> #+END_IMPORTANT
>
> in my documents, and when I hit C-c ' to edit them it would give me a
> basic buffer and I could edit the plain text within.
>
> Some recent change instead now says "No special environment to edit
> here". How can I get back that behavior?

I am unable to get the described behaviour even using Org 8.2.10. Could
you elaborate what you mean by "used to"? Which Org version?

> I'm really just editing text blocks for Latex export, and the source
> block type triggers some latex formatting. It's not source code
> language, just plain text.
>
> Could I add some minor mode to say text-mode with auto-fill-mode and
> aspell somewhere when opening those blocks?

Not currently, unless you advice org-edit-special. Though we might add
something like org-edit-special-hook (similar to org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c-hook)
if others are also interested in this functionality.

Best,
Ihor