Re: Org-cite/Citar cannot recognize neither biblatex nor natbib

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Org-cite/Citar cannot recognize neither biblatex nor natbib
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:31:28 +0200

Hi Bruce,
thank you for your help. Indeed, loading both functionalities
(require 'oc-biblatex)
(require 'oc-natbib)
did the trick. That's strange, though: my version of Org (get from M-x
org-version) is Org mode version 9.5.3 (9.5.3-g69c588 @
/home/alessandro/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.3/). Shouldn't it already be
fixed?

Moreover, I now encounter a different problem: biblatex works great, but
natbib doesn't. It's not a big problem, since I use biblatex, but here
it is, if someone is interested.

If I set up natbib as reference engine (with #+cite_export: natbib
kluwer), and I export to a pdf file (C-c C-e l o) the references are not
resolved, i.e. they are shown as "(?)". However, if I export to a LaTeX
file (C-c C-e l l), and then compile it, everyting is fine (although it
displays some annoing "n.d."). After that, if I try again to directly
export to pdf, it works. I suppose it's a problem in producing the
intermediate bibliography files.

Alessandro