Re: I can't set dabbrev to respect the writen case

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: I can't set dabbrev to respect the writen case
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 13:58:34 +0000

Ypo writes:

> These are my variables, it keeps changing what I have already written:
>
> '(case-replace nil)
>
>  '(dabbrev-case-distinction t)
>  '(dabbrev-case-fold-search t)
>  '(dabbrev-case-replace t)
>  '(dabbrev-upcase-means-case-search nil)

With those values it works for me as expected. Maybe it's a problem with
your configuration. Try starting emacs with 'emacs -q' and evaluate the
variables with:

M-x eval-expression

(setq dabbrev-case-distinction t
      dabbrev-case-fold-search t
      dabbrev-case-replace t
      abbrev-upcase-means-case-search nil)

RET

I hardly use dabbrev and I'm afraid I can't give you any more tips.
Try asking <emacs-devel@gnu.org> as well.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel