Re: Change of behavior of org-meta-return in 9.6/DoomEmacs?

From: Guillaume MULLER
Subject: Re: Change of behavior of org-meta-return in 9.6/DoomEmacs?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 22:50:08 +0200

Hi again,

Thanks for your response.

If you do C-h f org-meta-return, do you see something like "This
function has .. advice: .." towards the end of that *Help* buffer?

After investigation, the bug is in org-insert-heading in org 9.6 (Latest Doom -
upgraded today - uses exactly version: (9.6-??-971eb68)

The documentation says:
"If point is in the middle of a line, split it and create a new
headline with the text in the current line after point (see
org-M-RET-may-split-line on how to modify this behavior).  As
a special case, on a headline, splitting can only happen on the
title itself.  E.g., this excludes breaking stars or tags.

Whatever the value(s) I put in org-M-RET-may-split-line , org-insert-heading
*always* creates a new line with a empty heading/item and leaves anything that
was on the initial heading/item in-place.

If someone can confirm this finding, I would be happy to create the
corresponding bug report.

Have a nice day

--
Guillaume MULLER - PhD