[BUG] org-open-file immediately termininates when calling xdg-open that

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [BUG] org-open-file immediately termininates when calling xdg-open that calls emacsclient [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-508-ge268e4 @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 12:37:36 +0800

Hi,

I have a problem with the following commits:

869b7a21b org-open-file: Avoid make-process for Emacs 24 compatibility
5db61eb0f org.el: Avoid xdg-open silent failure

They both set process-connection-type to nil/'pipe. Somehow, this change
breaks org-open-file for me when org-open-file calls xdg-open and xdg is
confugured to open the file with emacsclient. I only see a flicker and
the file does not open. Sometimes, Emacs even crashes.

If I change the process type back to default tty value, things work
again as expected.

While I understand that the original commits intended to solve a similar
problem, they clearly caused the same problem with other apps.

Best,
Ihor

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 28.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2022-05-14
Package: Org mode version 9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-508-ge268e4 @
/home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)