Re: About 'inline special blocks'

From: João Pedro
Subject: Re: About 'inline special blocks'
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 11:05:18 -0300

On Tue, May 24 2022 11:56, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that we might simply allow to define complex configuration
> before the containing paragraph. Something like:

On that note, I think that allowing for inline special blocks would make
that more readable. It would work wonderfully with
org-special-block-extras [1], where the user could define complex blocks
with formatting configuration and what-not, and just use that as an
inline block.

> #+attr_latex[name]: <complex config goes here>
> Vestibulum convallis, lorem blockname_[<<name>>]{text} a tempus semper, dui
> dui euismod elit, vitae placerat urna tortor vitae lacus.
>
> "<<name>>" will be treated as "<complex config goes here>" during
> export/parsing.

Although I do agree that this sort of solves the same problem as the
other approach, but I, personally, find that defining new special blocks
is not only easier to reuse, but more readable as well. But I'm thinking
in terms of org-special-block-extras here, so take my 2 cents with a
grain of salt.

[1] https://github.com/alhassy/org-special-block-extras

Best,

--
João Pedro de Amorim Paula
IT undergraduate at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)