Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected saving org-agenda-files buffers [9.5.3 (9.5.3-g8e69ad @ /Users/enrikes/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 18:29:17 +0800

Adding Org mode mailing list back to CC. Please, use Reply All when
replying next time, unless you specifically want to keep the exchange
not public.

Enrique Kessler Martínez <qkessler@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, here are two of the warnings I usually get. I get one of those for
> each of the files that are part of the org-agenda-files when saving.
>
> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer
> modifications detected. Resetting.
> If this warning appears regularly, please report the warning text to Org
> mode mailing list (M-x org-submit-bug-report).
> The buffer is: inbox_review.org
>  Current command: (org-save-all-org-buffers 4 5)
>  Chars modified: 4
>  Buffer modified: 5
>  Backtrace:
> nil Disable showing Disable logging

Thanks! So, something appears to alter Org buffers on loading.
This usually happens because of misbehaving third-party packages.

Do you happen to use valign? If so, will the warning disappear if you
disable this package? Otherwise, can you try to reproduce the problem
without loading your configuration or loading it minimally? See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html

Best,
Ihor