Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 11:20:46 +0800

Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> writes:

> I think that you are underestimating how alien eev is for most people.
> Let me suppose that what you mean by your comments is this:
>
>   "I've spent N minutes watching this video - for N big - and I feel
>    that I've learned very little! What is the best way to learn a lot
>    of eev in M minutes, for M very small?"
>
> then the answer is: follow the main tutorial, that is here:
>
>    http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html

To clarify, I did not expect to learn evv from the video you provided.
However, I did expect to learn things proportionally to the video
length. That way, the video efficiency is pretty low. The video itself
can certainly be improved - the problem is not with eev itself, but
rather with the way you present things.

Note that eev is not actually very alien. Knowing the concept of Org
links, eev is pretty trivial. At least the basics concepts are not hard
to grasp.

> Anyway, tomorrow I will meet with a group of three or four students
> that are interested in learning Emacs and eev. They use Windows and
> they have never used Emacs before, so we probably won't be able to do
> much of this exercise:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-wconfig.html#learn-org

It would be interesting to hear about the outcome and the student
feedback.

Best,
Ihor