Re: [BUG] Info JS does not work [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-467-g2bd34e @ /Use

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Info JS does not work [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-467-g2bd34e @ /Users/salutis/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 11:29:07 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> Apparently nobody touched this for a very long time. The last change
>> in this area was 9 years ago.
>
> Indeed, it would be good to have someone as a maintainer.  I suspect
> the code is stable is still useful to some users.

Should we create a help request for updates.orgmode.org?

>> I do not fully understand why it is hosted in worg. We mention it in the
>> manual and support in the core. The script is licensed under GPL.
>> Is there any reason to keep it out of the main Org repo?
>
> I'd like the main Org repository to focus on Org's core, i.e. what is
> sync'ed with GNU Emacs core.

This reminds me that Org does not actually consist of a single repo. At
this point, we at least have org, org-contrib, worg, and orgweb.

Should we create a dedicated project page in sr.ht to group everything
together nicely?

> I think this nice js hack should live in a dedicated repository, along
> with a dedicated HTML exporter that enables it.

What about backwards compatibility?

> Also, we don't want everyone to use https://orgmode.org/org-info.js as
> the source for the script, as this would put the server under too much
> load pressure, people should rather host the script themselves.

Should we change the default value of org-html-infojs-options then?
Alongside with possibly changing the relevant ox-publish code.

Best,
Ihor