Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 02:47:32 -0300

On Mon, 30 May 2022 at 00:20, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be interesting to hear about the outcome and the student
> feedback.
>
> Best,
> Ihor

The workshop was by chat (Telegram), and only one student came. He
installed Emacs, Mpv, downloaded a copy with subtitles of the
eev-wconfig video, and then followed the first sections of these two
tutorials,

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-elisp-intro.html

and this video until 48:30,

  http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.videos.html#2022eevwconfig

doing practically all the exercises. He told me that two of the five
tests of `find-wget' didn't work as a described in the video... I need
to debug that - my guess is that I need to add a line to the configs
to make the output of wget.exe be interpreted as UTF-8 by default -
and at one point he called an external program from Emacs and Emacs
crashed. He started Emacs again and recovered some backup files, but
then he had to leave. He asked me if we could continue on Wednesday.
We haven't yet reached the part in which he learns how to index local
videos, but we will probably do that on Wednesday.

I think that that was quite good for three hours. =)

  Cheers, E.