Re: [patch] ox-html.el: add html attribute (verse numbers) to verse bloc

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [patch] ox-html.el: add html attribute (verse numbers) to verse blocks
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 15:36:50 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> Sounds reasonable. However, a more consistent way to handle line numbers
> would be using switches, like what we do in EXAMPLE blocks. See
> org-element-example-block-parser and 12.6 Literal Examples section of
> the manual.

(I didn't remember that I had sent this patch...).

I'll take a look at the function you mention, when I have some time. In
any case, keep in mind that there are some conventions in verse
numbering: the white lines (separation between stanzas) are never
numbered and there is a sequence: 5 (first verse alwais remains
unnumbered) ... 10 ... 15 ..., which can be chosen using the :lines
attribute. :lines t defaults to a sequence of 5 verses. I chose this
syntax to follow the syntax of verse numbering with output to LaTeX
(another patch of mine that is already included in Org. In that case,
the 'verse' LaTeX package is used).

Verse numbering is a special case. In fact, a long time ago I wrote this
package: https://gitlab.com/maciaschain/org-verse-num

Best regards,

Juan Manuel