Re: a simple(r) html export format (like org-mime)

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: a simple(r) html export format (like org-mime)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 07:23:22 +1000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> Although the vanilla html export backend produces nice html, I sometimes need
> simpler solution[1], like the one produced by org-mime (which is for email).
> Does anybody know about such an exporter?

You seem to be aware of htmlise and I have no other suggestions.
However, I would also recommend you test things before adopting any
specific solution.

It sounds like you want to input HTML formatted data into a web
interface _Moodle). There will almost certainly be (or at least should
be) significant restrictions on what HTML content you are allowed to
input via such interfaces. In fact, most well written web interfaces
would escape or strip out any embedded HTML in input due to the very
real security risks such input represents.

A lot will depend o the platform your trying to use and what options it
provides. For example, org-mode has support for uploading data to
confluence (Atlatian's team collaboration suite). This is done via a RPC
facility confluence provides and therefore can provide a nice interface.
More manual solutions might be to generate a markdown export of your org
buffer - for example, when a site uses Github markdown, you can use the
ox-gfm exporter to generate a markdown version of your contgent which
you can then cut and paste into the input area of the web interface
(assuming it supports Github markdown).

You mentioned moodle. I would look to see what markdown flavour moodle
supports and then see if you can find a markdown exporter for org which
supports that flavour. You may at least then be able to generate
versions of your content you can cut and paste into the moodle UI.
Moodle is open source, so theoretically, you could do something more
sophisticated, given sufficient time and motivation.