Re: Abbreviations support

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: Abbreviations support
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 18:09:09 +0800

Hi Denis,

> Is there support for abbreviations in org-mode? Something like what the acro
> package provides for latex, i.e., assemble a list of all used abbreviations,
> use
> a full form when an abbreviation is used for the first time, the abbreviated
> form afterwards. If that does not exist: What would be a good way to approach
> that?

Not directly, but I think you could do something like this as a halfway-house:

┌────
│ Blah blah text ABBR
│
│ * Abbreviations
│
│ - <<<ABBR>>> :: Some abbreviation
│ ...
└────

I’d think there’s scope for a package say “org-abbreviations” which provides
acro-like support. Perhaps even support for a central abbreviations file. Hmm, I
may think of trying a small MVP for that this weekend.

All the best,
Timothy