Include LaTeX source and compiled result

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Include LaTeX source and compiled result
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:43:46 +0200

Hi everyone,

for the documentation of my LaTeX courses I use examples that show the output next to the source code. I'm contemplating whether I should convert the documentation and examples to org, and use org-babel to include the examples. I think this should be possible with org-babel.

However, I cannot manage to get this to work:

#+begin_example

Blabla

#+begin_src latex :file test.pdf
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
This is a test
\end{document}
#+end_src

Blabla

#+end_example

Looking at the temporary latex file (see below) the reason is clear: Org babel exports this as a complete latex file although the example itself is already complete. Can I tell org somehow that this is not a fragment and should be compiled as is?

Best,
Denis

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[usenames]{color}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{capt-of}
\pagestyle{empty}             % do not remove
% The settings below are copied from fullpage.sty
\setlength{\textwidth}{\paperwidth}
\addtolength{\textwidth}{-3cm}
\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{1.5cm}
\addtolength{\oddsidemargin}{-2.54cm}
\setlength{\evensidemargin}{\oddsidemargin}
\setlength{\textheight}{\paperheight}
\addtolength{\textheight}{-\headheight}
\addtolength{\textheight}{-\headsep}
\addtolength{\textheight}{-\footskip}