Re: Include LaTeX source and compiled result

From: Denis Maier
Subject: Re: Include LaTeX source and compiled result
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:58:01 +0200

Am 09.06.2022 um 09:47 schrieb Fraga, Eric:
On Wednesday,  8 Jun 2022 at 21:01, Denis Maier wrote:
:exports code works. But the problem with the other options is that the
compilation fails. But I cannot tell why. It just tells me "Code block
produced no output".
This is not surprising as the LaTeX src blocks are expected to be LaTeX
body only, not preamble etc.  I.e. in your case, just the line that says
"This is a test".  You may wish to look at org-format-latex-header,
org-babel-latex-preamble, org-babel-latex-end-env, ...

Exactly, I've found that out by looking at the file in temp. Testing with body only failed as well! I can however manually compile the temporary file.

Anyway: This means you cannot switch to using complete files? I was hoping for something like
:fragment nil
or
:complete-doc t

How can you diagnose such an issue?
You can sometimes find the org babel files created in /tmp.

Anything else? I've found those files, but I was wondering whether Emacs could give me some more useful debug infos? (Especially since compiling the temporary files works...)

Denis