Re: [BUG] worg-setup.org is outdated

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [BUG] worg-setup.org is outdated
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 11:51:58 +1000

>> The thing about a static web site is that it needs good navigation to
>> make it useable and easy to explore (which I think is critical with
>> something like worg). To achieve that, there needs to be some
>> 'knowledge' about the pages and their relationship to each other - it
>> isn't quite as simple as just having a lot of static pages on a server.
>
> Agree. WORG navigation is not ideal (to say the least).
> Note that we can leverage index functionality of ox-publish. See
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Site-map.html#Site-map
> and
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Generating-an-index.html

Yes, just started looking at that to see what I could leverage off.

> Also, you may find https://github.com/oyvindstegard/ox-tagfilter-js
> useful.

Thanks, I will check it out.

My general feeling is that I may be able to make matters better and as
long as I stick to core functionality as much as possible, am unlikely
to make it significantly worse!

>> First step is to get a working local copy so that I have something to
>> work with. AFter that and a bit of exploring, I should have a better
>> understanding and idea how to go forward.
>
> Last time I tried to achive this, I had to tweak the css paths a bit,
> edited paths in publish scirpt, and got everything working locally.
> (without running server)

Yes, pretty much what I expected. Luckily, I already have a server setup
which I use for other development work, so that isn't an issue. Have
noticed some things which look like they will need tweaking (I also hope
to document some of this and where possible isolate things so that
others can clone and run easier as well - might help with contributions
and probably won't hurt.