Publish to HTML and LaTeX/PDF with cross-file links?

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Publish to HTML and LaTeX/PDF with cross-file links?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 08:36:46 +0200

Hi all,

I publish OER (https://oer.gitlab.io/) from Org sources and wonder
about links to local files as documented at [1].  That page only
talks about HTML export.  How can I achieve similar behavior for
LaTeX/PDF export?

More precisely: For HTML export, a link like
[[file:foo.org::#custom-id][elsewhere]] turns into a hyperlink to
“foo.html#custom-id”, which is what I want.

However, for LaTeX/PDF export, the hyperlink points to the source
file “foo.org”, which in my case is a broken link.  I would like
that to be “foo.pdf” (or even something pointing at the proper
section in the PDF file).

Is this (easily) possible?

Best wishes
Jens