Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: briangpowell
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 22:11:56 -0400

Understood Ihor

I respect your position & predicament

But I've published my public key address; I know you're an avid & prolific donor of free software--watch your code donations submitted daily--I'll continue to support free software forever of course & thanks very much to RMS & the FSF for starting the free software movement & supporting its growth for many years

Suggest you stay away from PayPal & ALL the other methods you suggested--PayPal for example has been shutting down the accounts of "freedom fighters" & can & will continue to do so whenever they wish, for whatever reason they choose

You have permission to use my name as your fake software developer "nom de guerre" & I can relay the funding to you in whatever manner you desire--PayPal is fine...until they ban me from that--notes can be made during the transaction of what the project is that you're developing or whatever & then I can relay the money

I pay my taxes on crypto gains; but, if I make no money on the transaction in such a transaction, well then I owe no taxes, so I wouldn't have to worry about that--and what laws would you be violating in your country? None that I can think of

Just out of curiosity: What country do you reside?

Is it Russia? Last I heard Russia is accepting BitCoin for oil, right?

I mean, just look what happened in Canada: Truckers used a funding site, funding site was shuttered & bank accounts seized & the list of everyone that donated was published "accidentally"

If they used Monero instead, then NONE of the above problems would have manifested--Monero is as NOT trackable & its uncensorable

On Sun, Jun 19, 2022 at 9:22 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > I have been recently exploring Liberapay and stumbled upon
>   > https://liberapay.com/about/teams.
>
> Is it possible to make a donation through Liberapay without running
> any nonfree software?  Including nonfree _javascript_ software send
> by the site itself?
>
> And is it possible for the intended recipients to receive the money
> without running nonfree software including JS?
>
> If the answers are yes and yes, maybe that system is ethical and good.
> Otherwise, it is not a solution, only a different variation of the problem.

AFAIU, no and no. See
https://list.orgmode.org/CAFm0skG_-80iQ-TO-hduvVt_GHQWosOHBeHJ61dyA=wNg8vc_w@mail.gmail.com/T/#m322d74a1efb4e3773ae2df7b6bda4505c4b5fa15

It looks like there is no free option as long as banks are involved.

Cryptocurrencies are easier in terms of software freedom, but their
legal status is not stable (e.g. cryptocurrency is illegal in the
country I now live in).

Best,
Ihor