Re: Missing from Info

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Missing from Info
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:31:01 +0100

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:
    >> M-: produces "/home/<user>/git/org-mode/doc/"
    >>
    >> Is it not that the org version has indeed further sections
    >> beneath, but these are not visible on the single info page?

    > I feel that I am confused.  Can you elaborate what exactly you
    > expected and what you see instead?

    > Best, Ihor

I've attached two emacs screenshots: (1) org.png and (2) info.png,
showing the appropriate line in org-manual.org and info.info
respectively.

In (1), beneath the line "The following sections have further details."
there are indeed further headings (in green) which I assume contain the
"further details". In (2) there is nothing beneath line "The following
sections ..." You have to go up the page and click on "Next: LaTeX
heading and sectioning". In org-manual.org, the further details are
immediately beneath the line but not in org.info.

I think that this potentially confusing to someone unfamiliar in the
format of an info file. I had thought of suggesting the line be changed
to "The next sections have further details." That suggestion however is
no better that what is in place already.

Best wishes,