Re: Org and Hyperbole

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Org and Hyperbole
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:34:07 -0400

Hi Samuel:

> On Jun 24, 2022, at 12:32 AM, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi robert, welcome to the org list and thanks for your offer.
>
> for starters, does hyperbole have any concept of links that are:
>
> - unbreakable [like org-id]

This one is not so simple to answer.  Hyperbole only uses perma-hyperlink
anchors in its Koutliner format.  But it would be straightforward to add a
UUID-type id for use elsewhere.

> - bidirectional [link a goes to link b; link b goes to link a], or,
> reversible via command to say "what links here?" [by any mechanism.
> if desired, please see "id markers" concept on this list for
> unbreakable bidirectional links and more stuff]

Hyperbole does not have bi-directional links, only a history function to move
back through followed node paths.  We have started thinking about this need
recently.

— rsw