Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 08:11:51 +0800

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> On 2022-06-20 04:22, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> Cryptocurrencies are easier in terms of software freedom, but their
>> legal status is not stable (e.g. cryptocurrency is illegal in the
>> country I now live in).
>
> Are you sure? Look at this here:
> https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/17/ukraine-legalizes-cryptocurrency-sector-as-donations-pour-in.html

I do not currently live in Ukraine. Crypto is illegal in China.
In any case, legal status and taxation of cryptocurrencies can be tricky
at least for some developers in some countries. See
https://orgmode.org/list/87mte8xdse.fsf@localhost

Also, as I mentioned in other emails, it's not just about legal status.
Other Org devs dislike the idea of using crypto for other reasons.
Bastien directly opposed it [1]. Another dev is not in favor because of
volatility (from personal communication).

[1] https://orgmode.org/list/87mticqldf.fsf@gnu.org

The combination of the above reasons makes it difficult to accept crypto
while keeping things fair.

Best,
Ihor