Re: [BUG] formatting at edges of link

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] formatting at edges of link
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 09:08:16 +0800

Tor Kringeland <tor.kringeland@ntnu.no> writes:

> For example
>
>   [[normal /italic/ normal]]
>
> formats correctly as a link, but
>
>   [[/italic/]]
>
> doesn't format to italic.  A workaround is to write
>
>   /[[italic]]/
>
> but sometimes the formatting is part of my link names, so it's a bit
> annoying to reformat to get correct formatting.

All the examples above are not valid links.
Note that Org link consist of link itself and a description:
[[link][description]].

formatted is simply a limitation of our current fontification engine (it
will be changed in future).

Descriptions will be correctly formatted.

[[https://orgmode.org][/italic/]] should work just fine.

Best,
Ihor