Re: [BUG] The documentation webserver gives 404s [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-3

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] The documentation webserver gives 404s [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-3-g6dc785 @ <censored>)]
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 00:24:09 +0700

On 04/07/2022 19:58, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

If JS is the only option it is still better to have it and fall back to
more generic page if JS is not supported. Of course, given that the JS
code is not going to be too complex and not going to require too much
maintenance.

It is possible to perform a kind of fuzzy matching on the server, but I am unsure if Bastien wouldn't mind a dynamic 404 page.

The manual and the short guide may have their own 404 pages explaining that some page is not available any more and offering table of contents.

However it seems, Bastien earlier configured a set of rewrite rules mapping old file names with more lower case letters to new ones. In my opinion it is the best option and it should be restored. List of files may be committed to git (either Org or site) to detect changes later and to add new mappings when some file disappears.