[feature] Consistent fixed indentation of headline data

From: Valentin Lab
Subject: [feature] Consistent fixed indentation of headline data
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 16:59:57 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm using org-mode for a long time, and I never understood quite well how headline data were supposed to be indented, however I was happy with what emerged to me as the default of 2 spaces (with my emacs and org-mode version at the time). I recently updated my old emacs to =9.5.3=, and what I thought was a default indentation was removed.

Suddenly, I had no indentation at all for these headline-data and this bugged me.

I went through documentation, and code, and (re-)discovered `org-adapt-indentation' that was nil in my case and is intended to stay this way as far as I am concerned : I'm looking for a fixed indentation whatever the depth of my outlines.

I'm far from sure it was a default one day, but sure it was at least suggested/enforced in my workflow with my emacs at some time. And even if it didn't feel like it was clad in iron, it seems I'm not the only one who was using that as I can find some examples remaining in the current 'testing/examples' org files.

This indentation concerns only what is called "headline data" in the documentation of `org-adapt-indentation'. To be precise: schedules ("SCHEDULE:", "DEADLINE:"...), clock drawer (":LOGBOOK:..."), property drawer (":PROPERTY:..."). These are "data" appearing after the headline as I understand them.

If I'm a user of org-mode, I'm fairly new in the emacs lisp and hacking community and I need to know:
- if my proposal is useful and has any chance to be accepted,
- if there are any pitfalls I delved into in matter of coding, conventions, ...
- if it make sense for others to include this,

Many thanks !