Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 22:52:55 -0400

  > GNU Taler requires an intermediary to clear the coins.

I am not sure what that means.  Could you state in different words
what job that "intermediary" would do?

In fact, the Taler developers are hoping that banks will play two
roles: issuing Taler tokens to spend, and redeeming those that people
receive as payment.

                                                           This would again
  > be where a platform like liberapay would come in.

I don't know whether that is possible -- I suggest you talk with the Taler
developers about it.

  > To take up criticism before it becomes a discussion: While Github is
  > annoying, you can read it without running proprietary Javascript (I just
  > checked that by opening it in eww), and you can interact with it using
  > email.

See https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html for what's
wrong with Github.  Some actions, such as creating an account, appear
to require running nonfree JS code.