Re: org-insert-heading-before-current

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-insert-heading-before-current
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 14:58:24 +0800

Tyler Grinn <tylergrinn@gmail.com> writes:

> In general, I like to order my headings from newest to oldest top to
> bottom. I'm looking for a function which will prepend a heading at the
> current level in the current subtree. Some examples:
>

>               * Subtree              * Subtree
>               ** Item 2      >>>     ** |
>               ** Item 1|             ** Item 2
>                                      ** Item 1

One can implement this using prefix arguments for org-insert-heading.
Similar to the existing C-u and C-u C-u arguments (see the docstring of
org-insert-heading).

Patches are welcome. (If you find this feature sufficiently important,
feel free to implement this new functionality and submit the patch)

Best,
Ihor