Re: M-x org-create-worg-article command? (was: LaTeX export: when is it

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: M-x org-create-worg-article command? (was: LaTeX export: when is it more useful to use LuaTeX instead of pdfTeX?)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 12:20:46 +0800

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

>> By "updated" I meant downloaded from orgmode.org
>>

> OK, that would probably work. We would need to have some sort of
> version tracking so that the template function can know when there is a
> new template available - probably doable with either a comment in the
> template file or perhaps adding a custom http header using nginx's
> headers module. Advantage of the header is you could do a quick query
> without having to download and parse the template file to get version
> info.

I do not think that we need to go this far. The template will anyway be
a few kb. The ping time to query template version may take longer than
downloading.

Instead, we can simply use org-persist to download the template and then
set some reasonable value of expiry (or just use the default 30 days).
Then, the template will be refreshed monthly, which is not a big deal
IMHO. I do not expect that we need to update the template more
frequently.

Best,
Ihor